Saturday, November 11, 2006

Cheap Pleasures


In my crazy "tryin-to-juggle-a-career-with-family-and-at-the-same-time-tryin-to-have-a-social-life" life, I've found recently that joy comes in small packages. I've found joy in things that I'm quite embarassed to share here... but will go ahead nevertheless.

I guess lately my goal and focus in life has been to climb the corporate ladder and accumulate *lotsa* wealth, and that's left me more than frustrated and exhausted to find any meaning in other parts of my lunatic existance. It's become so pathetic that I've found myself overjoyed (and genuinely happy) by the followin:

- Gulpin down 6 Oreos in a matter of 2 minutes. Desperate and unable to find anythin solid to quench my cravin for sweet food, a colleague offered them and I was more than happy to take.
- Gettin to pee after a 3 hr marathon meetin
- Makin afew thousand in a day's punt
- Takin off my 3-inch heeled shoes after a 15-hr day
- Goin happy-hr when the boss was away
- Kissin my nephew while he was asleep
- Sleepin in on a weekday and missin the mornin meetin
- Tidyin my eyebrows after 3 weeks
- Havin banana pie and ice-cream for dessert
- Havin Jaffa cakes for Breakfast, Lunch, and Tea (reminded me of my roadtrip to Scotland)
- Buyin my 14th (or 15th??) pair of shoes (need to beat by 05 collection!)

Sometimes I wonder, would a real huge bank balance make me this happy?!