Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Greed & Fear

Daddy I lost it on the mkt! I was outta luck... ... alrite I was just plain stupid!!!

What was I thinking?

1. Gettin in at the top of the mkt, when correction was imminent
2. Bettin on a laggard that everybody had shunned
3. Puttin money not directly into the counter but into one of its derivatives
4. Choosin the ONE that was about to expire
5. Holdin onto it after makin a 10 percent loss
6. Still holdin it when others were exitin fast
7. Finally tryin to get out when it was worth Nothin
8. Realizin the grave situation AFTER losin EVERYTHING

Dad I thought I had nailed it... my big money makin opportunity! I mean look at my recommendations that have actually gone up by more than 30% (unfortunately I did not long)... I thought I had it this time too (actually given the risk I was expecting a return of more than 50 percent in acouple of days) but the difference is my money was in my mouth!!! Pls dont tell mom!

An expensive lesson: Anythin givin you a return of 5% and above in A DAY is good enough (compound it idiot) !!! And bloody hell do your homework (wld've given u the confidence to buy the friggin winners) !!!