Monday, November 06, 2006

Last Destination

Uncle you will be missed deeply

I walked into the hospital room and there he lay surrounded by family, still and lifeless. Tears came flowin down my cheeks and I wish the pain my cousin and her family was feelin would just go away. Losin a husband is not easy, and losin a dad is worse!
A sad, very sad day. Today for the first time in my life I encountered a dead person, and nothin could have prepared me for it. This was so close to home. It's a very brutal, harsh truth - the person lyin in front of you is not goin to wake up ever. That person is not goin to be a part of your life anymore.

What is worse, your loved ones are sad, upset, angry, and exhausted beyond belief. No matter what you say or do, you know their lives have changed forever and for sometime they will not be resuming their normal selves.

Boy oh boy! This is what it ends at. Death. Nothin on that fateful day can keep you from goin. I think it's time to reexamine life. Keep death in mind for that will make you live.

I've never been a superstitous person. But I have a feelin that someone somewhere is really upset with me, or this is some predestined dark period in my life that exists to teach me a thing or two bout love, life and living. One thing after another is givin my system a shock and shakin my world and makin me question "Are my priorities right"?

One hella F***ing long day!