Saturday, May 31, 2008

Iron Soldiers

I have just found my soul-mate, in Iron Man. I know many of you know it was Leonidas from 300... but Iron Man is just so irresistible! Boy, he's got the wits, the genius, the humor, the charm, the attitude, the cool gadgets... what's not to like about him? Most importantly, he's a one man killing machine, he's got Iron.

Anyways, I'm getting carried away here. I hope most people enjoyed the movie as much as I did - he's officially become one of my fav heroes. But I have to confess, it was not his flamboyance, or his plight in the Middle East, or his armour, or his flight excusions, that caught my heart... it was actually the scene, with the baddy uncle and the Arab terrorist, that really intrigued me.

It's where both the baddies meet and the Arab tries to negotiate the price for the remains of the Iron suit ... "repay me with a gift of Iron Soldiers"... and to his oblivion he gets double-crossed and paralysed by a tiny gadget in Mr Stane's hand.

And the parting words are, "Technology. It's always been your Achilles' Heel in this part of the world"

Whether you love the Americans, or hate them... they are afterall, Iron Soldiers.